2017 Vermont Tournament Ice Hockey · Any Adult (18+)
- Team Fees
- Early Bird 85.0 per player
- Regular 95.0 per player
- Free Agent Fees
- Early Bird 85.0
- Regular 95.0
The 10th Annual Hockey Fights MS Vermont Tournament will take place July 21-23, 2017. All proceeds from this event will benefit The Multiple Sclerosis Center at The University of Vermont Medical Center in Burlington, VT. Games will be played at several rinks including Cairns Arena and Leddy Park Arena - located only minutes from the shores of beautiful Lake Champlain. Games will also be played at Stowe Arena, the University of Vermont's Gutterson Fieldhouse in Burlington and The Ice Center in Waterbury - minutes from the Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Factory and Green Mountain Coffee Roasters. Registration is now open for Men's (A, B, C), Women's (C, D), and Co-Ed teams and is based on a minimum of four teams in each division.
Also taking place this same weekend is the 25th Annual Vermont Brewers Festival featuring over 40 brewers. The Brewers Festival takes place in downtown Burlington on the waterfront. Tickets can be purchased through the festivals website starting in May. When purchasing tickets, please be sure to choose Session #1 (Friday, July 21, 12:00 - 4:00pm), as all other sessions could conflict with game play and we cannot guarantee we will be able to schedule your games around your ticket time. Tickets are limited and tend to sell out very fast, so don't delay! Burlington is a great city that features a variety of shops and restaurants including the famous Church Street Marketplace. Bike paths are abundant in Vermont and rides ranging from flat and paved scenic routes along the Champlain shoreline to difficult mountain treks are all just minutes away.
Player fee includes:
- 4 game guarantee starting at 12:00pm on Friday. All players will play a 4th game on Sunday. Games will be played on NHL size rinks and will consist of three 12-minute stop time periods.
- Competitive divisions determined based on the information provided by players at the time of registration.
- Game reminders sent to your phone via email. Game results and standings will be also be promptly updated on our tournament website throughout the weekend as well as Twitter at @HockeyFightsMS.
- Special gift for champions in each division and winning team's name placed on official Hockey Fights MS trophy.
- Special 10 year anniversary gift for all players!
- Your team's donation to The Multiple Sclerosis Center at The University of Vermont Medical Center
- Opportunity to purchase tournament merchandise, team photos and action shots onsite as well as online.
- Teams must have a minimum of 10 fully registered players and 1 fully registered goalie prior to the registration deadline to qualify.
- All players must be at least 18 years old by prior to the start of the tournament and can only be rostered on one team.
- All players must register and pay online in order to participate. Unregistered players caught playing in the tournament will be ejected immediately and the game will result in a forfeit for the offending team.
- No substitutions or last minute add-ons – ALL players must be on the official roster.
- Co-Ed teams must have a minimum of two women playing each game, excluding goalie. Failure to comply will result in a forfeit of the game.
- Players should bring both light and dark jerseys, including numbers on the back. Home team wears white, away team wears dark.
- Players must sign the score sheets located at the registration table before the start of each game and should come prepared to present a valid photo ID.
USA Hockey Adult rules will be observed with the following exceptions:
- Minor penalties will be 1:30, Major penalties will be 3:00
- Any player receiving 4 minor penalties in one game will be ejected from the remainder of the game with no further suspension.
- Fighting majors will result in immediate suspension from the tournament, no exceptions and no refunds!
Email Ops@HockeyFightsMS.org if you are interested in sponsoring this event!